Salary: Grade 2, £21,965 - £22,203 per annum. Approximate pro rata £15,224 - £15,389 per annum (0.69309 FTE)
About us and the role
We are looking for an experienced professional to join us in an Administrative Assistant role.
Avanti Court Primary School is a faith designated (Hindu) state school. Staff and students at the school do not originate from any specific faith background and applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none.
The staff at Avanti Court Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our pupils. All staff that work at our school subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our children. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both children and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our children to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment, we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all children enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- Great opportunities for professional development
- LGPS pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
- Plus many more
What will you do?
- To undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Provide general clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, complete standard forms, and respond to routine correspondence
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To assist with pupil first aid and welfare, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents, staff etc.
- Assist with arrangements for school trips events etc.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Experience of general clerical /administrative work
- Evidence of the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Effective use of ICT packages and keyboard skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Court Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.