About us and the role
Are you a fast learner looking to join an exciting team, participating in the smooth running of all operations and assisting in all aspects of the day to day duties in the kitchen?
Govinda’s Catering is all about precise, beautifully designed and nourishing menus. We cater for a healthy vegetarian diet, and provide food that is good for the body, mind and soul. Feel good food that genuinely uplifts you Govinda’s currently provide over 4000 meals daily nationwide and support over 9 schools. Our menus are designed by nutritional experts who understand the blend between satisfying children’s tastes and providing them with essential food types for their growth and development.
Govinda’s has been growing at a fast rate year on year and this will only continue as we expand our market and develop our services. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in an ever-evolving team of food enthusiasts to help spread this delicious and nourishing food far and wide!
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- Great opportunities for professional development
- NEST pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
- Plus many more
What will you do?
- To prepare all types of food in line with kitchen requirements or to pack meals as needed
- To operate within a team of permanent, part time and flexible staff in the unit, ensuring that the manufacturing service is successfully delivered consistently to the required standard daily.
- To participate in ensuring the smooth running of all operations.
- To liaise and co-operate with the Chef manager and the Front of house manager, to follow and respect their request and orders.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of food hygiene and kitchen health and safety
- Ability to follow strict instructions in a systematic and consistent manner
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.