About us and the role
We seek an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Economics and Business to join our successful, friendly and creative team who enjoy an excellent reputation within and beyond the school. If you are an effective practitioner with the ability to inspire and motivate students, we would like to hear from you.
Avanti House is a secondary school 11-19 school that opened in 2012. Currently there are 1232 students with a Sixth Form of 320. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, all staff members at Avanti House School will not be required to present themselves from any specific faith background and there will be no preference given in this regard. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
Avanti House provides an extensive professional development network through the Avanti Institute including an excellent ECT and ECT plus one programme of development - Avanti Institute – Part of the Avanti Schools Trust
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- Teachers pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
Plus many more!
What will you do?
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/families, governors, other staff, the Avanti Schools Trust and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Genuine passion for lifelong learning
- Able to self-start, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team- whether led or leading
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high quality teaching and learning
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to delegate
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Interviews for this position will be held on 6th February 2024
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check.