Salary: Grade 3, £24,325 - £25,442 per annum. (Approximately £18,156 - £18,990 pro rata per annum (0.74641 FTE)
About us and the role
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
The staff at Avanti House Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- LGPS pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
- plus many more
What will you do?
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher in the planning and implementation of work programmes with individuals or groups of pupils or the whole class to promote effective teaching and learning.
- During the short-term absence of the class teacher a Level 3 teaching assistant may be required to supervise the whole class and deliver pre-prepared activities.
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupil and the classroom.
- To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Ensures the health and safety of all pupils
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Is committed to their own professional development
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people
- Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
- Has excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
*Interviews are set to be held Thursday 30th November, Friday 1st of December, 7th December*
Avanti House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check.