Salary: Grade 1, £22,453 per annum. Approximate pro rata £17,956 per annum (0.79972 FTE)
Please Note: Interviews will take place week commencing 11th December 2023. The working hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 16:00pm.
About us and the role
This is a unique opportunity for dedicated and enthusiastic Administrator/ Receptionist to join our team at Avanti Meadows.
As Administrator/ Receptionist you will play an integral role in ensuring the smooth running of the front office, and be the first point of contact for parents, students, staff, and external agencies. The successful applicant will support the school office and provide an excellent service to all staff, pupils, and visitors.
As the first point of contact when arriving at the School, the successful candidate will be welcoming, professional and organised and have a good knowledge of activities going on in the School.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in a fast-paced office, be able to multi-task, with excellent communication skills and the ability to react positively to the pressures of a busy school environment.
Would you like to join a school with exciting opportunities? Would you like to work with pupils who have excellent learning behaviour and a thirst for knowledge? Would you like to work in a school that values you as a person? Then Avanti Meadows Primary School is the school for you!
Avanti Meadows opened in September 2021 and is the first of three brand-new schools planned for the new all-through Learning Village in Bishop’s Stortford North. Our pupil numbers are steadily increasing, and at full capacity, Avanti Meadows will be a 3-form entry primary school, providing parents and pupils with the highest standards of education and pastoral care.
The site for Avanti Meadows is a brand-new building with contemporary and first-class facilities, which will make for a unique learning experience.
Since our first school opened in 2008, Avanti Schools Trust has grown in a considered and gradual way. Now, we are a family of 10 schools across the UK, serving over 4,500 children and young people.
If you are highly motivated, have high expectations and good interpersonal skills, then apply for this rewarding post with us.
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- LGPS pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
plus many more!
What will you do?
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, complete routine forms.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/ management information systems
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Undertake routine administration e.g. registers/school meals register
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Experience of developing and maintaining administrative systems and procedures.
- Effective use of ICT packages and other specialist equipment/resources.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Meadows is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.